Announcing INTERWOVEN, a project using CUT LOOSE #1, our cut-up zine! Collage as a medium and as a community is often centered in togetherness, building strong connections and pathways while images and ephemera are transformed – creating something that didn’t exist before.
To further explore this connection, Twin Cities Collage Collective invites the community to construct square collages that will be juxtaposed together in grids, forming collage ‘quilts’ to be shared digitally and as prints.
• Make a square collage using analog, digital or mixed media techniques
• Use at least one element from CUT LOOSE no. 1 and any other materials that you wish
• There are no required dimensions for your square collage, but somewhere between 3×3 inches and 6×6 inches is a great guideline
• Make as many square collages with CUT LOOSE as you’d like!
• Tag your work with #CutLooseTCCC and #InterwovenTCCC to connect with the community and for a chance to be featured on our social media.
In June, we will invite participating artists to submit one square collage made using CUT LOOSE #1 to appear in a series of prints and as part of a digital e-book.
Each print will feature 9 different collages, forming a visually interwoven ‘quilt’ of images representing the interconnectedness of our community in a 3×3 grid.
The art prints will be produced and shipped by INPRNT. Prints are a gallery-quality giclée on 100% cotton rag archival paper, printed with archival inks. Each art print will be available in two sizes and feature a minimum one-inch white border around the artwork.
Prints will be available in two sizes: 8×8 inches ($15USD) and 12×12 inches ($20USD). The prints will be priced as low as INPRNT will allow, and the site periodically offers discounts including free shipping.
When submitting work to this project, keep in mind that each collage square will measure about 3 inches on a 12×12 print. Prints will be available at Twin Cities Collage Collective’s INPRNT shop.