In May 2021, Twin Cities Collage Collective launched the Collage Materials Scholarship in an effort to support new and emerging collage artists!
Through this project, we will provide a variety of unique vintage and contemporary paper-based collage material at no cost to the recipient to support their creative exploration. Receiving a mix of material can kickstart creativity and lead to fascinating breakthroughs!
Black, brown, mixed race and indigenous folks are encouraged to apply, as are members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community. We respectfully ask that collage artists who have been working in the medium for some time and have an ongoing steady access to collage material do not apply.
Full details are as follows:
- This project is intended for new and emerging collage artists based in the U.S., and who identify as BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA2S+ are prioritized for this project and are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are open quarterly. Though we initially envisioned accepting applications each month, enthusiasm and high demand has indicated that it may be more feasible to have a quarterly application period. Our first application period was in May 2021, with packets distributed in July. Our current application period began on August 1st, 2021, with a target of beginning distribution in September. Apply here.
- After the application period closes, we will work to fill as many requests as we can throughout that quarter. Applicants will receive an email sent to the address on their application to get their current U.S. mailing address if and when their request for materials can be filled. We will begin to contact May 2021 applicants in June.
- We are not able to fulfill requests outside of the U.S. at this time. International applicants are not currently eligible due to postage costs and the mailing restrictions of various countries. We hope to be able to offer resources to the international community in the future.
- Applicants may only receive one packet in a 12-month period. If your request was not able to be filled, please apply during the next application period.
- We continue to respectfully ask that you not apply for this scholarship if you have access to collage material on a regular basis. In the spirit of mutual aid, we are not evaluating applications based on a subjective perception of need. We are committed to amplifying the voices of BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA2S+ artists, and will do our best to connect as many new and emerging collage artists with materials as possible.
- If you would like to help us provide more packets by making a donation towards postage and handling costs, visit https://www.buymeacoffee.com/tccc. That’s a huge help — thank you so much! $5 funds the costs associated with the shipping and handling of one scholarship packet. This is a grassroots project that is currently being funded solely by donations from the community and TCCC members.
- If you have collage material to donate, especially if you are in the Twin Cities, Minnesota metro area, please contact us. We are not able to reimburse shipping costs for collage material donations at this time. Thank you for your assistance and understanding!
- The application cycle will open on August 1st. Check back soon for a link to the application.