Call for Submissions: World Collage Day 2020
Call for submissions:
Twin Cities Collage Collective is pleased to announce a mail art-style open call for postcard-sized works from artists across the globe in celebration of World Collage Day 2020. Works should be 4 inches by 6 inches and be in a horizontal landscape orientation, and preferably should be mounted on cardstock or some kind of thicker paper. There is now an updated extended deadline of May 31st, 2020 for this project.
Works must be received by mail. No submissions received by email or other digital means will be accepted for this project. However, we happily welcome digital collage submissions as long as they are printed and mailed in!
Submissions received will be exhibited as part of an art show celebrating World Collage Day in Minneapolis, Minnesota. **Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the physical show has been postponed. However, all work received will be shown online in May 2020, and we will have a physical show in the future.
There is no fee for entry, and work will not be returned. Twin Cities Collage Collective will preserve the work received for enjoyment, learning and inspiration in the local community. The intent is to keep the works in archival photo albums to protect the submissions, but allow them to be easily viewed. This is the reason for the horizontal orientation and for keeping the artwork flat.
- Work should be flat – no three-dimensional aspects
- Dimensions: 6 inches x 4 inches [15 x 10 cm]
- Cardstock or semi-rigid mounting/backing preferred, as submissions will be unframed for display
- Digital collage is welcomed, but must be printed and mailed — no submissions via email will be accepted
- No fee for entry
- Maximum 4 submissions per artist
- No artwork will be returned — it will be exhibited in person and online by Twin Cities Collage Collective in addition to being preserved as an archive
- Works must be postmarked by an updated extended deadline of May 31st, 2020 and may be mailed protected in an envelope or as a loose postcard
Please mail* submissions to:
Edited 6/5/2020: The post office where Allison’s box was located was destroyed by fire in the Minneapolis uprising following the murder of George Floyd. Stay tuned for an update.
Updated address as of August 2020:
Twin Cities Collage Collective
c/o Allison Anne
P.O. Box 23193
Minneapolis, MN 55423