Call for submissions:
Twin Cities Collage Collective is pleased to announce a mail art-style open call for postcard-sized works from artists across the globe in celebration of World Collage Day 2020. Works should be 4 inches by 6 inches and be in a horizontal landscape orientation, and preferably should be mounted on cardstock or some kind of thicker paper.
Works must be received by mail. No submissions received by email or other digital means will be accepted for this project. However, we happily welcome digital collage submissions as long as they are printed as a 4×6 postcard and mailed in!
Submissions received will be exhibited as part of an art show celebrating World Collage Day in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The show will be displayed in May 2020.
There is no fee for entry, and work will not be returned. Twin Cities Collage Collective will preserve the work received for enjoyment, learning and inspiration in the local community. The intent is to keep the works in archival photo albums to protect the submissions, but allow them to be easily viewed. This is the reason for the horizontal orientation and for keeping the artwork flat. Additionally, Twin Cities Collage Collective will share the work received online after the show’s completion, creating an online archive for all to enjoy.
- Work should be flat – no three-dimensional aspects
- Dimensions: 6 inches x 4 inches [15 x 10 cm]
- Cardstock or semi-rigid mounting/backing preferred, as submissions will be unframed for display
- Digital collage is welcomed, but must be printed and mailed — no submissions via email will be accepted
- No fee for entry
- Maximum 4 submissions per artist
- No artwork will be returned — it will be exhibited in person and online by Twin Cities Collage Collective in addition to being preserved as an archive
- Works must be postmarked by April 17th, 2020, and may be mailed protected in an envelope or as a loose postcard
Please mail* submissions to:
Twin Cities Collage Collective
℅ Allison Anne
P.O. Box 8174
Minneapolis, MN 55408
*Please note the change in address. Boneshaker Books, the original venue and address for this show, has closed unexpectedly. More detail here. Mail previously sent to Boneshaker should be safely forwarded, but please send your further submissions to the address above.